For economic growth and prosperity, the need is to produce
professional engineers by imparting quality education to the
students. Guided and graded classroom instructions, interactive tu
torial sessions, hands-on laboratory experience, and interaction
with successful entrepreneurs and visiting faculty will help the
students to develop self-confidence to face the future and turn the
problems into opportunities. This is the primary objective at ACE
besides granting a degree. The vision is for educating a 'complete
person' for a life of service and leadership by focusing on a
value-oriented curriculum, dedicated to educating students for
competence, conscience, and compassion. When Ambala College of
Engineering and Applied Research (ACE) was started, it was often
said that applied research was not possible at B.Tech level,
especially in the new institutes. However, the vision of the
founders was very clear that this is the need of the hour. Unless a
change in the direction of engineering education was brought about,
the quality of engineers in the country will not improve
To achieve the above goals it was necessary to establish a
transparent system. This was accomplished by, among other things,
surrendering 100% of the management quota seats to the University
for admission by merit only. A good academic environment was also
created and the faculty was encouraged to stay on-campus.
In a short span of twelve years, ACE has:
- A track record of best results since inception. The results
have been consistently highest in the University in all branches
and all years.
- The college has excellent labs. The emphasis is on
'Hands-on' experience as against the 'Kit-Culture'.
- Over and above the requirements of AICTE following research
labs have been setup :
- Hybridoma Technology
- Linux Resource Centre
- IBM Open Resource Centre
- Digital Automation & Micro Controller
- Micro Electronics & Fabrications
- Renewable Energy Systems (Solar & Bio-fuels)
- CAD/CAM and CNC
- Image Processing and Biometrics
- Open Source Technologies
- ACE has an extensive library with subscriptions to
- Free internet access is available to the students and faculty
24 hours a day.
- Adjunct professors from USA visit the college to train
faculty and students in the state-of-the art technologies.
- At ACE, emphasis on well rounded development of students
takes precedence. One of very few engineering colleges, who has
created facilities in all major sports for its students to
foster team building. This has encouraged its students to
participate andwin in large number of competitions organized at
the level of Colleges and Universities.
- Each department has well defined thrust areas and the project
work to the third and final year students is assigned from these
- Students are encouraged to write business plans which are
judged by venture capitalists.
- Interaction with the industry in USA and India has been
started to work on mutually beneficial projects. As these
projects move towards success, schemes such as ' Earn while
you Learn' will be implemented for the students.